Dr. William Marelich's research interests include decision-making strategies in health settings, patient/provider interactions, interpersonal relationships, and statistical/methodological approaches in experimental and applied research with a heavy focus on HIV infected populations. To date, he has authored or coauthored over 50 articles/monographs, including the book, "The Social Psychology of Health" with Jeff Erger.
- Applied Social Psychology
- Group Processes
- Health Psychology
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Persuasion, Social Influence
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Sexuality, Sexual Orientation
- Marelich, W. D., & Erger, J. (Eds). (2004). The social psychology of health: Essays and readings. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Marelich, W.D., Shelton, E., & Grandfield, E. (2013). Correlates and factor replication of the Need for Sexual Intimacy Scale (NSIS). Electronic Journal of Human Sexuality, 16. Retrieved from http://www.ejhs.org/volume16/NSIS.html
- Marelich, W. D., & Clark, T. (2004). Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) testing and false disclosures in heterosexual college students. Journal of American College Health, 53, 109-115.
- Marelich, W.D., Murphy, D.A., Payne, D.L., Herbeck, D.M., & Schuster, M.A. (2012). Self-competence among early and middle adolescents affected by maternal HIV/AIDS. International Journal of Adolescence and Youth, 17, 21-33.
- Marelich, W.D., Lundquist, J., Painter, K., & Mechanic, M.B. (2008). Sexual deception as a social-exchange process: Development of a behavior-based sexual deception scale. The Journal of Sex Research, 45, 27-35.
- Marelich, W.D., & Lundquist, J. (2008). Motivations for sexual intimacy: Development of a needs-based sexual intimacy scale. International Journal of Sexual Health, 20, 177-186.
- Murphy, D. A., Marelich, W. D., Hoffman, D., & Steers, W. N. (2004). Predictors of antiretroviral adherence. AIDS Care, 16, 471-484.
- Grusky, O., Marelich, W. D., Erger, J., Mann, T., Roberts, K. J., Steers, W. N., & Damesyn, M. (2003). Evaluation of a brief low-cost intervention to improve antiretroviral treatment decisions. AIDS Care, 15, 681-687.
- Marelich, W. D., & Murphy, D. A. (2003). Effects of empowerment among HIV-positive women on the patient-provider relationship. AIDS Care, 15, 475-481.
- Marelich, W. D., Gaines, S. O., & Banzet, M. (2003). Commitment, insecurity, and arousability: Testing a transactional model of jealousy. Representative Research in Social Psychology, 27, 23-31.
- Marelich, W. D., Roberts, K. J., Murphy, D. A., & Callari, T. (2002). HIV/AIDS patient involvement in antiretroviral treatment decisions. AIDS Care, 14, 17-26.
- Marelich, W. D. (2002). Effects of behavior settings, extradyadic behaviors, and interloper characteristics on romantic jealousy. Social Behavior and Personality, 30, 785-794.
- Murphy, D. A., Marelich, W. D., & Hoffman, D. (2002). A longitudinal study of the impact on young children of maternal HIV serostatus disclosure. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 7, 55-70.
- Rotheram-Borus, M. J., Marelich, W. D., & Srinivasan, S. (1999). Risk for HIV among homosexual, bisexual, and heterosexual male and female youth. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 28, 159-177.
- Gaines, S. O., Marelich, W. D., Bledsoe, K. L., Steers, W. N., Henderson, M. C., Granrose, C. S., Barajas, L., Hicks, D., Lynde, M., Takahashi, Y., Yum, N., Rios, D. I., Garcia, B. F., Farris, K. R., & Page, M. S. (1997). Links between race/ethnicity and cultural values as mediated by racial/ethnic identity and moderated by gender. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 72, 1460-1476.
- Marelich, W. D., Grusky, O., Mann, T., Erger, J., & Roberts, K. J. (2000). Biomedical markers, adherence myths, and organizational structure: A two-stage model of HIV healthcare provider decision making. In J. Kronenfeld (Ed.), Research in the Sociology of Health Care (Vol. 17, pp. 99-117). Stamford, CT: JAI.
- Marelich, W. D., & Rotheram-Borus, M. J. (1999). From individual to social change: Current and future directions of health interventions. In T.P Gullotta, R. L. Hampton, G. R. Adams, B. A. Ryan, & R. P. Weissberg (Eds.), Child and family health care: Issues for the year 2000 and beyond (Vol 12, pp. 169-196). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Marelich, W.D. (2010). Trend analysis. In N.J. Salkind (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Research Design (pp. 1535-1537). Thousand Oaks, CA. Sage.
- Marelich, W.D. (2007). Cognitive consistency theories. In R. F. Baumeister & K.D. Vohs (Eds.), Encyclopedia of social psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
William D. Marelich
Fullerton, CA 92834
- Phone: (657) 278-4861
- Fax: (657) 278-7134
- Email: email@example.com